Thread: Recommendation
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDee View Post
I'm left-handed and started as an older player. I'm glad you haven't fallen into the you-should-play-right-handed thing. I've had my eye on a Woodsong. Glad to hear you like it. I am all for getting a guitar that sounds good to you. If the Woodsong does, then use it till it doesn't. Imo, if it's easy to play, has no buzzes, and sounds good to you, it's good. I experiment with strings a lot and, honestly, some of them are so different, it's like having a new guitar. Leftyfrets is a good site for finding the next guitar, if you need a next one. Southpaw in Houston is my mecca for trying and buying.

Andyguitar is also a good beginner online teacher, imo, better for some things, especially rhythm. I like Justin a lot, but just don't care for the way he has students practice chord changes they won't use and not crazy about some of his fingering. He's great for songs, though, and so likeable and easy to follow.

I taught myself online from knowing NOTHING to being able to understand theory and play happily in about a year and half, so feel free to PM questions and such if you like.
Thanks! SunnyDee!