View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 10:12 PM

I've been really digging these 'verbs lately:

Wave H-Reverb has just been phenomenal on transient material. It's my goto drum reverb right now. Doesn't hurt that it has some really nice extras like ducking compression and modulation built in.

McDSP Revolver is really smooth on strings & vocals. I've pretty much been using this as my default 'verb for everything except drums.

Soundtoys Little Plate is a nice "140" style plate 'verb. I really like the addition of the modulation switch. It really helps separate the reverb from the source...especially on smaller speakers that tend to smear more.

I also recently got the Waves Abbey Road Chambers. I'm still running it through it's paces. So far it's very nice. My only complaint is that it is a resource hog. That said, I just used it as a room reverb for a mandolin on a track I mixed and it was really nice. Really, really nice. Like, addictively nice.

I believe you can get demos of all of these...the one one I'm not sure of is the Little Plate. I don't know if there is a demo.

Oh, and if you're going to demo Revolver, also demo their EC300 delay. It's just a super sweet & versatile delay. In fact, demo everything McDSP makes. Their plugins are some of the best IMHO.

1927 Martin 00-21
1986 Fender Strat
1987 Ibanez RG560
1988 Fender Fretless J Bass
1991 Washburn HB-35s
1995 Taylor 812ce
1996 Taylor 510c (custom)
1996 Taylor 422-R (Limited Edition)
1997 Taylor 810-WMB (Limited Edition)
1998 Taylor 912c (Custom)
2019 Fender Tele