View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 02:06 PM

Default Best offer over $9000: 2016 Preston Thompson OM/OOO-14BA adi and brazilian

This is a serious piece of eye candy. Welcome to my 2016 Preston Thompson OOO-14BA. Only selling to thin the heard. if you look at the scale length it makes this guitar an OM rather than a true OOO. It was a custom order by Dream guitars so not sure why they called it a OOO. Its in excellent plus condition with very low mileage. Sounds and play great. This one has a beautiful Adirondack top in sunburst and Brazilian rosewood back and sides It was one of those guitars that the more I played it the more I loved it. Sweet highs and rich lows. Everything I expected and more.

Here are all the specs:*
Adirondack red spruce top with a vintage style sunburst finish
 Brazilian rosewood back and sides
Honduran Mahogany neck
Torch headstock inlay
Brazilian rosewood bindings
Width at the nut 1&3/4
Top trim Herringbone
Abalone snowflakes and diamond fret markers
Waverly tuners
Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard
High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
Mahogany neck
Square headstock with no volute
Ebony fingerboard
20 Frets, neck joins the body at the 14th fret
25.4" Scale length
Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
Body length 19&1/4
Upper Bout 11&1/4
Lower bout 15’
Body depth @ heal 3&3/8
Body depth @tail 4&3/16
Bridge spacing 2&5/16

This is a lot of guitar for the money. As you would expect it has a very rich, bright, and balanced tone. Beautiful ringing harmonics. Perfect intonation, not a buzz anywhere on the neck. Plenty of overtones on this baby. No cracks, repairs or hidden problems. It’s a great fingerstyle guitar but can handle a pick with no problems. It can be used in standard tuning but also in alternate tunings (I use drop-D and DADGAD). The guitar was purchased from Dream Guitars and it was one of their Dream Series guitars and the Brazilian was from Pauls’s personal stash . There is a video clip still on YouTube :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIkCABhdtGE

I purchased a Visesnut case for it which is a $900 upgrade. Letting this one go for $10,900 plus shipping and any fees. Well over 14K new. My preference for payment would be a wire transfer. But I will consider Paypal as well.

Price Reduced to $10,400 plus shipping and fees

Price reduced to $10,100 plus shipping and fees

Best offer over $9000 plus shipping and fees

Last edited by jazzbobh; 10-10-2018 at 07:25 AM.