View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 08:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
Thanks Jim. My issue is I have to decide what I want the tempo to be in the first place.
You don't mention if you use a click in Logic ?
If not start to do that because that is how you can "decide" what tempo to use
You can just fire up Logic and while in your session/project but before recording , just start playing the tempo first then engage the the click and adjust it until it matches the tempo you think you like and are playing (usually the default setting is 120 BPM) so listen to how that compares to your playing and simply adjust it up or down in tempo until it jells with your playing

Another solution I use when practicing even before I am ready to record is I have a cheap adjustable metronome that reads in BPM and ' Sits right on my recording desk
So I often just play at different tempos until I find what I like then I turn on the Met. and adjust it to match the tempo I am liking for how I am playing the song that day . Which in turn gives me the BPM's and I can then just adjust the click in the DAW to that BPM , when recording

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 08-30-2020 at 08:11 AM.