View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 11:14 PM

This is without question the most gorgeous guitar I've ever seen - 12 fret 0 and 00 guitars have always been my favorite style of acoustic both to play and to look at, but this takes the cake. The black fingerboard and headstock against the creamy off white finish is a beautiful two tone effect, and the matching tortoise binding and pickguard are the perfect finishing touch. Every appointment from the bridge pins to the tuners to the headstock inlay matches the aesthetic - the whole thing is just executed to perfection.

I bet it sounds amazing too - I've never owned a Collings but from what I've heard on youtube they know how to get that wonderfully dry punchy kind of sound out of mahogany that some of the trendier acoustic builders have gone away from in favor of a less midrangy, more overtone laden kind mahogany sound. I can't afford this guitar but I'm still going to be sad when someone buys it just cause the pictures won't be here to stare at anymore. If the day ever comes that I can buy a 5k guitar I may ask Collings if they can make an exact copy of this one.