View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacluth View Post
We have recently finished this fabulous instrument for the La Conner Guitar Festival and are now pleased to offer it here. It is our big SJ model with a premium Sitka Spruce top and a one of a kind curly, tiger-striped Oregon Myrtle back and sides! It is a cannon that has a great profound bass with plenty of upper end sparkle. Combined with the soundport, you will have no problem coaxing all the sound you would ever want out of this guitar. Perfect for performing or just enjoying at home, you will love the sound of this special SJ.

The Oregon Myrtle on the back and sides are truly unique. The sawyer who processed this wood said that of over 30 years of cutting Oregon Myrtle this was the only log that had ever had this extreme figure. When we contacted him about the set, he said there was no more. In fact, you can see on the peghead that the figure runs out and there's only blank Myrtle after that. A one of a kind piece that won't be seen again!

We're offering this just completed build (with a $8800 price point) for an AGF exclusive price of $7800!! (shipping included CONUS)! We know that you will love this guitar.

Sitka Spruce top - Oregon Myrtle (Tiger Stripe Figure) Back and Sides
Green Abalone Rosette - E. Indian Rosewood Bindings - Oregon Myrtle Peghead
Ebony Fretboard - Brazilian Rosewood Bridge - Mystic Martin Inlay
5 piece neck (Mahogany/EIR/Myrtle)
1 3/4" nut - 2 1/4" saddle spacing - 25.4" scale length
Soundport - Schertler Tuners - Arm Bevel
Ameritage Case - Limited Lifetime Warranty

I will try to get a video or audio clip made of this guitar soon. Until then, please watch this clip of another SJ being performed by Steve DeVries to get a sense of the sound you can expect.

Thanks everyone!
One of the most stunning guitars I've seen.

Someday I'm going to comission a cedar top from you all.
Maestro Singa, Sinker Redwood / Wenge (incoming)

Gone but not forgotten:
Martins, Gibsons, Taylors, sundry others.