View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkedTaylor View Post
As a new owner of a Rainsong HWS1000N2 I could very easily see how I could be just fine not playing wood again. And I love my Taylor 814, but my Rainsong is simply amazing!
After a free recording class this morning at one of the several Guitar Centers in the DC area, I wandered into the acoustic room(s). Immediately after playing a disappointing Martin 000-15M I tried my first CF guitar...a Rainsong dread. I was quite impressed. It was light and responsive, had plenty of volume and bass, and sounded more like a conventional wood guitar than I had expected. So much for anticipating sounds based on written words.

Then I tried a Rainsong HWS1000N2. And I was blown away! This week's email discount was not very good (15% off), otherwise I might have walked out the door with it. Didn't want to let go of it. Eventually I just sat there noodling and cradling it for some time while shooting the breeze with the sales guy.

Up until now I've had only a casual interest in CF guitars. Now I have an itch that will have to be scratched.