View Single Post
Old 03-05-2022, 10:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratcat77 View Post
Bravo! Love the intro, the ending and everything in between!
Thank you Marty!

Yes, you are right in that the intro and the ending are both pretty impactful. I have to guess that they were trying to make a statement for the main theme of their movie at the time, give it some punch.

I did a few hours of research on YouTube about studies other folks have done about how the Beatles came up with that opening chord. My Beatles "Complete Scores" book did not annotate that intro the same way that some of the YouTube folks did. I ended up using a combination of chords that made the most sense to me, but almost nobody on YouTube completely agrees with how that opening chord was made. What I found was that the addition of the piano's Gsus4 chord made a huge difference. My Beatles "Complete Scores" book says the opening chord is, simply, a Gsus4. But to my ears it's a little more colored than that. I found a video where George Harrison stated that he and John played an F chord with an added G (Fadd9) on that opening, so I think that's pretty good information.

Thank you for checking this cover out Marty! It's very much appreciated! I hope you and your wife are doing well!

- Glenn