View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 06:12 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingerpicker23 View Post
I have a CLP Blue Casein 1.2 that I picked up during the last blem sale that probably has at least 30 hours of hard picking and strumming clocked in without any signs of wear. I gave it a slight bevel and it is a great pick to use on my D-18 when I'm playing solo, doing singer/songwriter material.
* Good for you... I perform full-time 4 to 6 four hour shows a week using medium gauge strings and my attack can be be very rapid and strong a la Pete Townsend at times. Add to that the DJ-style scratch sounds I do scraping the strings and in a week or so, all three sides of my CLP Blue 1.2 was worn. Love the tone tho, just not a good choice for my heavy gigging and style.

** FWIW I've worn BC TP 40's out too in about a 6 week period, so I changed to TAD 50's which wear and sound better.… my CASEIN pick of choice has become Hawk Tonebird 5's with speed bevel. They wear a little better, but not by much and so I do re-bevel them a bit.

*** Scott's Blue had a wonderfully deep tone and presence tho and he is top shelf in customer service and satisfaction. I'm grateful for him turning me and many others on to the wonderful tone of CASEIN.... Cheers!