Thread: Brass Pins
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph124C41 View Post
What timing. I gave away yesterday a set of five (I lost one) brass bridge pins. I'm slightly OCD about things matching so I didn't want to have a 5-string guitar custom made for me. LOL

I remember about eight years or so ago I put them on I think an all-laminate Indiana Scout acoustic. I sort of remember that it gave a brighter tone and I think the volume and sustain increased over those dreadful plastic pins. I did keep the pins but I think I didn't like the overall tone all that well so I never installed them in another guitar ... and then I lost one of the pins so they just became something in my sock drawer of guitar parts.

I got a cheap set with a flattened top so IMO they looked ugly, like having machine screws put in the saddle wings. Of course you can buy much more attractive ones but they still just don't look "right" to me.
So you're saying the brass pins did change the tone and sustain but you weren't happy with it? interesting.... im just looking at different pins you can get like rosewood and the like. How do you think Metal pins would compare to Wooden pins and the basic plastic pins most guitars come with when you buy them?