Thread: Lava Me Review
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2019, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post
There is a video out there somewhere that Lava Me produced which showed a portion of their production process. They clearly use pellets which are melted and quickly form the guitar by some liquid injection process using a mold.

Since it is referred to as carbon fiber, I assume the pellets contain carbon fiber particles or shreds or there is some other form of carbon in the raw pellets.

But Lava Me is definitely not made from CF as we have known it to be used by builders like CA, Emerald, Rainsong, formerly Blackbird, and several others. They use CF cloth as the carbon foundation, not melted pellets.
I am shure they use kind of epoxy/resin and shreded plain fiber. There are no layered structure or pellets seen. It is looks like molded plastic that reminds me the way of making 3d printing filaments infused with carbon fiber. I think this is the same way of producing the material they call Airsonic.. or what ever they call it...
I mean that Carbon Fibre definition does not define the way it is produced, or epoxy used. Only the conductivity tells that it has a lot of carbon fibre. So technically it is CF if it has carbon and conductivity.