View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 07:24 PM

Default Taran Guitars Build - Tirga Mhor - Adirondack | African Blackwood

A couple of observations after about 5-7 hours on the guitar this weekend.

Really easy to play! Even those times when I’m employing a full barre at the 2nd fret are as easy as I could ask for, and that’s on a set of mediums! Left hand stuff feels great. Still settling in with the right hand for complex/faster playing, but a transparent feel is not far away. Great final setup! Haven’t needed to tweak a thing.

The bass is opening up. It’s controlled and balanced but there’s a deep breath developing. Overtones are still mostly living in the highs and true mids, but they are starting to move into the low mids. Nothing is muddy, just deeper. It’s crazy to experience the changes a new guitar goes through first hand. (fun fact, this is the first brand new guitar I’ve ever owned.)

Really smooth highs and high mids, nothing is harsh. Sounds smoother than many guitars I’ve played with this top wood.

Tons of power in the low mids. I can see why Rory was rather insistent on the Adirondack for my particular guitar. Nothing is compressing. That said, no registers are being overpowered. No idea how this was achieved. It’s kinda weird and hard to explain.

Sweet response to a light touch, but tons of power and volume on tap. The voicing in that regard is pretty impressive. The dynamic range is is good as I’ve ever played.

More to come as I keep on playing!

Matt
Kostal Jumbo
Taran Tirga Mhor
Gerber RL15.5

Last edited by Scallywag; 07-25-2021 at 09:30 PM.