View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 12:47 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Dazzos with tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
Thanks, Dave! I wouldn't remove a Trance system to install another system but would consider a Dazzo 70/70 for my new Larrivee D-40M Legacy. If I do decide to go Dazzo, I might even try installing the transducers with Trance tape first, and if it sounds good, I'd likely leave the Dazzos installed with that tape. I'd probably go with the Dazzo passive option and use a short instrument cord to my ToneDexter or Aura preamp.

We've been experimenting with more tape options with the Dazzo pickups. Our goal was to have an easier placement before applying pressure, even tonal qualities, no clamping needed, no mess, no residue after removal. We tried the VHB tapes and i was reminded why I didn't like those. Every pickup is different, so the way the different tapes attenuate affect the response and sound.
All that said, i do not recommend the Trance tape or the VHB Schatten uses for their pickups on the Dazzos. We will have more info soon when we have tested more samples, but so far we have some better ideas on how to mount Dazzos with tape. The tape and epoxy are a different responses all together, but both retain the desired tonal qualities.