View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 07:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Pauhana View Post
When Alistair came up with the X20 design vocabulary, it changed the whole Emerald esthetic. It was a brilliant stroke, which has only become more apparent over time, as we've watched the X20 style adapt seamlessly through the range. I remember that he was at first concerned that the design was too radical. Clearly not! The new X10 and X7 refine the design without abandoning it. I would like to see the X20 in MOMA's permanent design collection.

Agree 100%. The Emerald designs changed my thinking about acoustic guitars. Mine was not an immediate epiphany - it took me a while to get used to the design. When I bought that X7, I was blown away by the sound, the playability, and the comfort. It was at that point that I had my "Ah-ha! moment." The different design is not about looks. Well, not only looks. A guitar that feels like it was designed for the human body instead of all those hard edges that I now find "old fashioned."

I have been playing a lot of guitars this week... no wood guitar, even those with an arm rest/bevel is as comfortable as my Emeralds. And, they sound as good as they feel.

Plenty of great options - it is a good time to be a guitar player!