View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 07:15 PM

I hesitate to post on such a long and contentious thread (and old -- but I'm seeing it for the first time)....but as someone with direct experience with Bose (L1 Model 2 with T1) I should add my experience to the mix.

For those who are critical of the Bose sound: I respectfully beg to differ.

I too, like many on this thread, have had the experience of other musicians coming up to me after a show and offering unsolicited compliments on the sound. Some of them I know to be working, performing players who like me are exposed to lots of PAs including house systems. That is just objective confirmation of what I hear with my own ears, which is what first compelled my interest in the L1 and continues to make me bring it even to some venues that have a house PA or where my Schertler acoustic amp would suffice.

Is there is a level of superior audiophile sound beyond Bose? Do I get enough audiophiles in my audience for it to matter? I do get musicians though, and I do have to listen to myself play at every show (link back to above para).

R.Taylor Style 1 Cocobolo/Engelmann; Martin: OM-28M Rosanne Cash (Adi/Madrose); Custom Shop OMC-21 Juber (Gautemalen/Moon Spruce); CS 000-28 (Italian Alpine/Madrose); Santa Cruz OM Custom (Brazilian/German Spruce); Kevin Ryan Mission GC Brazilian/European Spruce