View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 05:28 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuki79 View Post
I can not answer for sure because I don't have the pedal. I have an idea based on discussion with Aaron Short and samples I've heard. What I can tell for sure is that the IR made with my apps reflects my taste. You can make the recordings and send me a link to a google drive/dropbox link with the files. I'll made the IRs for you

Try those files (there are four), they are made from a Taylor 714ce, V-class. (don't forget to put back your EQ flat) Try the "Match" file first.
http://acousticir.free.fr/spip.php?article89

If your guitar is an X-braced Taylor, I am very interested in adding it to the database... I don't have many X-braced Taylors.

As far as variables, mic position & algorithms are the most important.

I hope Aaron will eventually make an IR video with comparison between Tonedexter, Voiceprint DI, Nux Optima Air & free app so people knows what they can expect from each. I think he is the only guy in the forum to actually own/use all three.
Cuki,
I plan on recording for you. I have a 612ce that is x braced and a 714 that is V braced. I tried your 714 match file and found that I preferred the sound of the 714 IR that was created by my Optima Air. (I did not try the other three 714 IRs) Who knows what the difference was: maybe microphone position, microphone type, or just the fact that I was using my own guitar to create the IR.

I will send you the 612, 714, and GS mini and maybe my uke. Just have to get time to do it. Maybe this weekend. Thank you.

Taylor 714ce (V-Class Bracing)
Taylor 612ce (Andy Powers X-braced)
Taylor GS Mini
Little Martin
Fender G-II

Taylor Solidbody Standard Electric
Enyu Nova U Uke

NuX Optima Air
TC Electronic Bodyrez
Strymon Iridium
Fishman Loudbox Mini

Started recording cover songs in 2020 for lonely family & friends.

https://youtube.com/user/DakotaDrummer2

Last edited by DakotaCovers; 01-25-2021 at 08:19 PM.