View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaCovers View Post
1. Are you think that the IRs that you generate would sound even better than those generated by the Optima Air? Do you know the algorithm/technique that they use? Do you know what factors could possibly make their IRs sound less desirable?
I can not answer for sure because I don't have the pedal. I have an idea based on discussion with Aaron Short and samples I've heard. What I can tell for sure is that the IR made with my apps reflects my taste. You can make the recordings and send me a link to a google drive/dropbox link with the files. I'll made the IRs for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaCovers View Post
2. Do you think that if I had you build IR for my 714 that it would be better with my 714 than the IR for the 714 that you already have? If so, what variables would make it sound better?
Thanks for all of your help and information! You are on the forefront of this IR wave.
Try those files (there are four), they are made from a Taylor 714ce, V-class. (don't forget to put back your EQ flat) Try the "Match" file first.
http://acousticir.free.fr/spip.php?article89

If your guitar is an X-braced Taylor, I am very interested in adding it to the database... I don't have many X-braced Taylors.

As far as variables, mic position & algorithms are the most important.

I hope Aaron will eventually make an IR video with comparison between Tonedexter, Voiceprint DI, Nux Optima Air & free app so people knows what they can expect from each. I think he is the only guy in the forum to actually own/use all three.
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/