View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
The IBeam gets a lot of negativity around here but it's one pickup I have always wanted to try, especially as part of a dual source system (most likely with a UST). I know a few singer-songwriters who use the IMix from Baggs (Element and IBeam) and their sound is always natural, warm and big. My buddy also owned a Crafter acoustic at one time with a Baggs pickup. I had to use it at a few shows and the tone was very nice. At that time I wasn't into pickups so I can't remember what was in it but I have also felt as though it was the IBeam.
I'm very fond of the super-glued iBeam in my old D28. While its great for strumming in a noisy setting, I do have problems with getting enough feedback-free gain for picking with bare finger-pads. I'm hoping that the Voiceprint's anti-feedback dial will be helpful in that I could just crank up that dial on the occasions that I'm boosting the level for bare-fingered picking (and crank it back down again when returning to strummed accompaniments). In any event, I really like the idea of notching down the problem frequencies rather than the entire low end.