View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 01:40 PM

The red one is the first mold, that has the shape of the final guitar on a flat surface, then you make the anti shape mold, that you see on the left in light green. Now you can start making a guitar, haha.

Working on nr 2 and 3 :

Very frustrating, this mold was only inteded for a 1 time use, now i have to build 2 more guitars with it, or sell something else to make a new mold.

Thats gonna be like 2000 for the unibody mold with self heating. BUt i need a full set of new molds, 1 per job. Unibody gets made in mold 1, mod 2 is trim unibody edge with mill, etc.

I am making new fancy master templates, for some absurd unknown reason there are no master molds to be found for this old mold, i think i used it in the plug to make it higher. Another lesson learned, save all your templates in 1 location, of everything you ever made.

These new templates do not match up with the old molds, becasue it had improvements. BUt you can`t blame the tools, although money is liturally possibilities. I don`t want to put the risk of a production quality enhancement on crowdfunding supporters. If i want to put the risk on myself i need a loan, which is undesirable for a variety of reasons.

I just have to make 2 more guitars with the old mold and try to sell all 3. Then i could enhance production quality with fuil new mold set (more then 10 different).

Use what ya got, etc.

Cut cut cut! I started to make rosettes :

That rosette on the black top above is a 0.5 mm thick piece of bamboo rosette i cut out of a sheet on some kind of weird glue backing film. I think that is supposed to stay on, but you can`t sand it much or you will go through very easaly..

Last edited by littlesmith; 04-20-2015 at 03:08 PM.