View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarpman View Post
If anybody influential from Peavey is making decisions for the company based on Internet chatter they need to be replaced. Bob Taylor has been selling the heck out of Baby Taylors with the same short scale for 15-years now. The scale is fine. In fact the guitar is fine. I have handled and played close to a hundred Cargos and found that some were even exceptional, and all were more than adequate for their intended purpose. Considering the very low price of the RAW and RT models we have no reason to complain. Think about it, the Cargo takes just as much effort to build as the full size GXi but CA was selling them for half.

In my opinion Peavey will go one of two ways with the Cargo. a) build them here and try to sell them for 50-100% more than before, or b) farm them out to a Chinese factory maybe using less expensive materials and offer them for the same price. Either way they will be seriously vulnerable to competition so mark my words, we will see one or more 3/4 size carbon guitars in the very near future.
Well, I am not a dealer nor do I have any inside information. Mine was just an observation based on the most consistent comment made about what people would want changed on the Cargo. Personally, as I said in that post, I LIKE the short scale and it is one of the main reasons I bought that instrument. I have three of them and all are very good instruments.

Ultimately, we all will just have to wait and see what Peavey does.

Tony