View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 04:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwlee7 View Post
I ***think*** this will be it on the plugins. My next purchase is a serious monitor upgrade as I have finally finished treating my room. Then, it’s on to upgrading the front end of the chain with some different preamps. And then.................
If I had a buck for every time I said I'm done buying plugins, I'd be online right now buying a whole bunch of plugins. But there a few categories of plugins I'm no longer interested in buying: preamps, compressors, and channel strips.

During this sale I grabbed the elysia nvelope and karacter, and the brainworx refinement, saturator V2, and the XL_V2. I've been curious about the hardware version of nvelope so maybe this will push me in one direction or the other on it. The XL_V2 is a mid/side limiter. I've been collecting limiters in recent months when I realized how much I dislike AVID Maxim about halfway through a recent mastering project. Halfway through that cd I picked up Izotope Ozone 8 and dropped Maxim in favor of O8's Maximizer. It really made a huge difference so now I'm curious about other options out there.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube