View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 08:14 AM

I'm the person who bought Ed Hamilton's Indian/Cedar Crossover. I bought it sight unseen, which always makes me a bit anxious. (I bought a similar Cordoba guitar last year, and I really didn't care for it at all.)

These are nicer instruments than I expected, honestly. I had the neck adjusted after it arrived, but otherwise, it's excellent for the price, in my humble opinion. Being a relatively new instrument, I expect it to continue to open up with playing. It's very well made, and the finish is lighter in weight than a comparable Chinese or Korean instrument. The braces are scalloped, the woods are fine, and the assembly is well-done. It plays in tune up and down the neck, and the neck is comfortable.

I played it last night in the living room of a friend in a rehearsal (guitar/violin classical duo), and we were both impressed at the volume, balance, and tonal color of my guitar, especially compared to the acoustic response of my NS24CE. (I'm a steel-string guitarist, and have relatively little experience with nylon string guitars.) I'm sure there are nicer instruments out there, but this one is really growing on me.