Thread: MichiMuse
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 11:56 PM
Charter Member

Default MichiMuse

On June 8th in Lafayette California, I have my first gallery show opening in years. The subject(s) are the works of Michihiro Matsuda and the show is called MichiMuse.
For roughly two years Michi Matsuda brought every finished piece of his to my home for me to photograph. Did I play them before the shoots?..absolutely! Sublime.
Michi asked me, prior to our shooting in a studio setting, to visit his shop and take some pictures. It was after that first visit that he decided that the way I saw his work was unique, and that the way I shot his work was special. I was honored and humbled.
Two and a half years later, MichiMuse will open on June 8th. To my knowledge it’s the first fine art show featuring luthier built guitars. (Could be wrong...)
Admission is free, and opening night will also feature three performances. Hideo Date is a Bay Area based jazz player, Stevie Coyle is a prolific fingerstyler, and our own Jay Howlett (BBWW) is a wonderful singer songwriter. All three will perform with a Matsuda in their arms.
If you’re around, please come out! Opening night will be cool, and the show will hang for about three weeks.
IMG_3633.jpgIMG_3564.jpgIMG_3561.jpgIMG_3544.jpgIMG_3625.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3526.jpg (16.2 KB, 484 views)

Last edited by JJI; 05-01-2019 at 08:51 AM.