View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 10:12 PM

I suppose you already know the answer to that, and that you already know that the H4N has two mic jacks that will accept either XLR or 1/4". If you're happy with your H2, I certainly won't try to talk you out of it. It's a fine recorder. But I wouldn't expect it to do what the H4N can, and the extra flexibility of the H2's big brother is what attracted me to it.

Here's a blurb from the H4N's web site.
Quote:
Everyone knows that proper miking is essential to making a great recording. The H4n is the only handheld recorder that allows you to record on four channels simultaneously by using its onboard mics with either external mics or direct inputs. You can then use its built-in mixer to blend the channels for perfectly balanced recordings. Now your recordings can be richer than ever before.
SCREENSHOT OF 4-CHANNEL MODE

Or, to get a great recording of a live performance, use the H4n’s onboard mics to get a room mix while simultaneously recording a stereo mix from the mixing board for a live recording that is easily one of the best you’ve ever heard.
Yes, the H2 does have an external mic jack. If that is sufficient for your needs, more power to you. If not, I'd suggest looking into the H4N - I'm happy with mine.

cotten