View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
After seeing all the processes you guys have gone through to install, listen, move transducers, optimize, wait 12 hours, try it again that much later, I am confident to say I will never try an Amulet.

And the thing is, I am VERY happy with my Baggs Anthem. I also had good sonic results with a K&K before, but it was more feedback prone.

I have the Anthem's in both my Collings OM1A and OM2H MRG. They work great, and are very resistant to feedback.

Maybe the Amulet is worth the agony, but it sure seems like a pain in the a** to get it right.
You have the full anthem in both, correct? I do feel that, that is a superior pickup to the Anthem SL, even though Baggs employees will tell us otherwise. The thing is, the SL just has too much tru-mic blended in and to be honest, it doesn't sound like a mic to me, it has it's own sonic footprint, which can be overdone. If I cared enough, I would give the full Anthem a try just to see if different blends would give me the tone I want but it's a lot to spend for an experiment.