View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 06:00 AM

Default Trance Amulet: Finally installing!

Having installed 2 trance systems in 3 guitars I can honestly say that Gary needs a better attachment method, or a way to make it less placement dependent, or at least quicker to identify mistakes. I'm an engineer, so I'm looking at this from a purely practical and mass acceptance perspective.

The temp tape is not adequate for the uninitiated to know if they got the placement right. It only works for people who know what to expect.

I don't argue that the results are excellent once you get it right, but the average guitar player cannot do this installation. It's not that's its difficult, but it requires a level of patience and precision that most people simple do not have. Since it sounds so good, I've love to see them make is easier/faster to install so more people would use it. Even if they switched to an adhesive tape that fully cured in 15 minutes instead of 24 hours. Or, they could come up with an adjustable jig like K&K did. Once K&K included the jig with each pickup, I became an overnight "expert" at installing them.

In order to do so, Gary might have to move the lead wires to the side of the pickup. Though, I suspect you could make a jig that avoided the leads. Then, if he had faster curing tape, you can use the K&K jig, and clamp for 15 minutes. You simply cannot wait two 12 hour periods to find out you got it wrong. It's not practical and it limits the potential sales tremendously.

Last edited by martingitdave; 07-27-2017 at 06:45 AM.