View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 09:20 AM

Thumbs up

I use Finger Ease religiously on my electrics, but only on the strings. I've tried it once or twice on the back of the neck and hate the feel and cleaned it off (with Ronsonol) immediately. There have been a few occasions when I've used it on my acoustics, depending on the strings. Some strings just don't allow you to slide as easily as others. My use on acoustics has been very sparing. You have to try for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenT View Post
I bought a couple cans about a year ago and I'm still using those, but, yes, can't be a lot of product in that applicator.
Yeah, if used sparingly a can can last a very long time. I tried D'Addario XLR8 once and it didn't work so well and has very limited about of stuff loaded into the sponge. You end up paying for a can an applicator. So I just spray Finger Ease onto the XLR8 sponge and wipe on. You don't waste the spray this way. I've got a new can on the shelf waiting for the old can to give up the ghost after more than a year.

Where I do like Finger Ease a lot these days is on roundwound bass strings. I only need to do an application every so often. And then with bass strings, will periodically slap the goop out of them, and eventually boil them to refresh the sound and prolong their life (cause them strings are expensive).

Finger Ease is a terrific product when used in the right situation.
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS