View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-in-Ohio View Post
Is there anyone using an 'amp in a box' emulator pedal (Tech 21 Blonde, Joyo JF-14 American Sound, etc.) into an acoustic amp or PA instead of plugging your electric into a dedicated electric guitar amp? I'm wondering how this measures up to a decent, dedicated solid-state dedicated amp.

I trying to decide between making my electrics work with my Carvin AG200 (a fantastic 200W Class D acoustic guitar amp/three channel PA) versus getting a dedicated SS amp to use for light gigs or jams. I have a tube amp, but would prefer to not use it outside my music room
I use a Helix for my electric rig. Obviously overkill for what you're looking at. But I wouldn't go cheap like a Joyo if you want good sound. You might consider looking for a used Atomic Firebox. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWAvNkHR42E

As for plugging into an acoustic amp, if you're plugging into a regular input remember that the preamp section is probably tweaked to make an acoustic sound good. It's not flat response. An aux input might work ok. I power my Matrix FRFR cab with a Markbass amp and send the signal from the Helix to the effects return jack. That works great. But direct to pa works great.