View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 04:31 PM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!
Talking

In the following cheeky post I humorously lampoon many of the posters above, whose comments simply read (to the ignoramus that I am) something along the lines of, "I'm too much of an expert in guitar things to be bothered posting or commenting on this thread, but I needed to make sure that next time you post a thread that does something similar, you do it in the way that I would have done it." Some of the posts may also be interpreted, "My expert opinion will somehow be diminished on this, an essentially anonymous forum, if I guess incorrectly, so it's best to question the validity of the exam and its questions, the marks to be offered, and the degree conferred based on those."

Back in serious mode, but still on the light-hearted end of the spectrum, I'm someone who never clicks on video links or any other kind of link ever. But this post was sufficiently intriguing that I actually visited youtube and listened to the recordings. Then I posted a comment. None of this cost me anything, and I don't plan to make a habit of it, but it was a fun little exercise nonetheless, at least for me. People with elaborate recording setups and extensive recording experience and ridiculously-good technique should absolutely post their own versions of something similar. Then we all win.