View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 06:11 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwjl View Post
I do believe I've proved to self that Apple Pay is best when you can do it.
I believe it is as well. And the funny thing, when you're dealing with small merchants or service providers, they often take all of the Apple / Samsung / Google pay options but don't even know they do. When they get their periodically upgraded card readers from their banks, almost all of them now take those types of electronic payments, but half the time the staff doesn't know they do.

I have two different doctors who's card readers clearly were setup for electronic payments (there's a particular symbol that looks sort of like a wi-fi symbol), but when I asked if I could use Apple Pay, they looked confused and said they didn't think so. I asked if I could try it, and in both cases, it went right through and they were satisfied with it because it told them the transaction had been approved, just like if I'd used a card. Sometimes you have to push a little bit, but that technology is coming online in more and more and smaller and smaller vendors. It's safer than a credit card because nobody ever see's your numbers. And if you lose your phone, nobody else will be able to use it because it uses either your thumbprint or facial recognition to OK the purchase, so unless you have an EXTREMELY identical twin....