View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseAxe View Post
Your case does not look to be a standard depth- but rather one for a slimmer body, not quite ES depth, though. Don't suppose there is a model number for it anywhere?
As you probably know, the shipping on a new case is almost as much as if there was a guitar inside. And since it's main duty for you is little more than a dust cover for your Froggy at home, you might consider an attempt to reshape the top by folding/rolling a towel with most of it's height in the center of the case, latching it, and leaving it in the bathroom a few times when the shower has been run. I've actually stuck a knee into the top and applied pressure to the top. Very therapeutic. If you'll eventually be getting a new case anyway, why not experiment.

I thought TKL/Cedar Creek cases were made in Oilville, VA and/or Canada:

Hi!! So this was my post and that was a Gator case I bought for a Gretsch 5422TG the guitar fit in their perfectly. In this photo the case is empty.. The top just would not line up right.

I added this to the thread to show the Original Poster an example of what a warped top would look like.

and yes, indeed.. all Gator Cases are made in China.

I sent it back, and waited about 2 weeks for the "Gretsch" trademarked case to arrive. (which is TKL, made in Canada) it was 100% fine.