View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 04:26 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward993 View Post
Thanks for all the feedback guys! And sorry I initially posted in the wrong sub forum ...thanks, mods, for moving it!

1. I'm putting it in a Taylor 210dlx ...no disrespect, but for me it's a more modest, kinda "beater" guit that I don't have to stress over.

2. Tried the K&K in a stellar-sounding RTaylor ...hated it. And I know how to eq ...just hated it. Either from my Venue or at the console, I never got the tone to sound natural, ugh!

3. Don't like typical piezo-UST tone ...never met one I liked; total deal killer as a stand-alone pickup.

4. Full Anthem costs a lot more than the SL version, which I understand it the same, just without the user-defined blender pot as it is factory set. And since this 210 is not my go-to-live guit, I don't want to spend the extra dough as much as I simply want to have a genuinely good-sounding pickup in a "just in case" situation. If the SL sounds as good as many say it does, I can live without the blending feature.

Edward
Hi Edward,
In the scheme of things it's extra money well spent to get the full Anthem version, and you do NOT have to use the saddle transducer if you don't want it, or require its benefits.

I have an Anthem system in my Flammang, and at first it was purely for the convenience of possibly showing up at an open mic, and just plugging into the house system.

I still had a Fishman SBT-E soundboard transducer glued north of the bridge plate, though, so I had a male micro jack soldered to the wire just in case.

At some point I had a new, higher saddle made during the winter months, and when the spring rolled 'round I took out the saddle transducer, dropping the action.

I plugged the Fishman SBT-E into the open input jack on the Anthem.

It's much smoother sounding, and blends very nicely with Baggs mic, or just by itself if desired.

HE