View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 12:37 PM

No privit room for here it's the living room for me lol . I was denied the spare bedroom unfortunately I get all kinds of noise from the room ,kitchen fridge , cartoon network from the boy , open floor plan you see lol but I get fairly good recordings mind the back round stuff .
I use lexicon I onyx u42s interface and Reason 8 on PC mind you Mac is a wishful praying lol if your on PC Lots of free daws Kristal Audio is a good start . Reaper is an excellent next choice .

I'm not poor but not rich so picking and choosing gear is timing but I decided best money spent is on the acoustics . So for Mics I use my ears vrs price I have good luck with the MXL V63m bought on sale

I have one BlueSpark , this was second mic not knowing anything learning as I buy a very good mic that complements the MXL nicely

One MXL 602s got free not my fault they shipped me the wrong one thank you MF

My latest mic is a multi pattern and let me tell you bottom on those if I remember correctly start in mid 2's and just go up , not a lot of choices till you get up in price .

I posted a NGD thread today about my second purchase of this mic the monoprice 600850 large diaphragm multi pattern condenser and I'm impressed especially at the sale price of 149.00 it's of sale but it'll be back just wait it out .

Like most say here each mic has a different voice if your in pro recording like some here you need that Arsenal some voice better on instruments and some are better suited for male vocals and others for females .

If like me just at home player just look for a good reviewed mic one you know is going to work ... I know what !? But really they work but there some cheapies you just don't want . When you a good understanding of your Mics then upgrade and or take chances with unknowns like I did with Monoprice I knew I could send it back and sure was believing that was gunna happen but oops bought another one lol

Anyway any decent mic by any of the name brand manufactures will work well for what most need at home . Every guitar sounds great when it's the only one and no one knows any better same with Mics so long as you stay above the Mr microphone level hahaha ....

If anyone has iPhone you can get a zoom stereo mic or comparable unit . There's tones of recording daws on the App Store

Also as some mentioned above by the knowledgable folks here one would need a interface or Direct in/ DI box

Computer matters more with PC then Mac I feel as to latency issues . Interfaces and some DI's have adjustments for latency .

Also one can us a usb mic as a start for doing mono recording .

Disclaimer ; Recording is an addiction and those here at AGF take no response ability for miss use or uncontrolled spending for new gear . Thank you .

Ok I went on very sorry .

Last edited by Riakstonic; 10-08-2015 at 12:43 PM.