Thread: Bose S-2 Pro !
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by open-road-matt View Post

I know it sounds like goofy conspiracy theory stuff but as varmonter said, if we can figure this out, these companies must know what they are leaving off.

Matt
Not a conspiracy, accessary add on sales and planned obselecence is a fact and a way of life for almost everything today. My original tablet hardly works anymore because that fruit company wont let me update it anymore. They say I need a newer version. Fine, but it wont be from them.

Anyways I think the EAE stuff has pretty much everything you need all in one. Even their basic models offer quite a bit for the money. They have addressed the db issue by coming out with a bigger model but I think this large cab design is going backwards IMO. Column speakers are the way forward as city governments keep lowering allowable db levels because public health concerns. Concerts arent as loud as they used to be. Even nightclubs have had to reduce SPL. And systems like the L1 help spread the sound without damaging the hearing. But for smaller and more intimate settings the D6-8 or A4-8 has little left to be desired for the solo singer/songwriter. I would just like to know how they handle a trio with keyboards and small e drum set. Anyone done this yet?