View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 03:23 PM

Default Uke puchase help for friend

Great Earl, and awesome site by the way, I just checked it out. I'll have to try that "point at me" line sometime, that sounds pretty cool.

I've found that showing students a couple of "one finger chords" (C, C7, Am, A7) on their first day really gives them a lot of excitement and motivation as they can strum a chord that sounds good right off the bat. Specifically on the C-Am-F-G7 progression, I've found that the Am "sets them up" nicely for the F, just like the F sets them up nicely to move to the G7. Moving from the C to the two-finger-F can sometimes be a challenge for first timers that I've come across. Is this your same experience?

And yes, I absolutely love those thin line ukes! Funny how it's called a "travel size" huh? As if the uke isn't already travel-sized right?! Haha! KoAloha Ukulele makes a thin line model that I absolutely love playing. They also make a solid body uke that's pretty cool too. (DISCLAIMER: Per AGF rules I must disclose that I am a KoAloha Ukulele sponsored artist.)