View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 07:51 PM

I started with Audition back when it was Cool Edit, and have upgraded every version up to CS6. I got interested in Sonar when I wanted to record midi and work with sound sample programs. Both programs have their strong points. I have Sonar Platinum with the Lifetime Updates. So I'm not giving up on Sonar, but want to use Audition for audio recording. I don't know enough about the Zoom player to comment, but I don't think it's capable of doing multi-track recordings.

I can fly thru Sonar and Audition. My beef with Sonar is their mixer...I was depending on it to deliver quality sound files and got burned with low volume levels. Audition's mixer seems to be just fine. It's also much easier to burn to a disc, export a MP3 File or .wav file in Audition. In Sonar it's like pulling teeth. So I'll be working in Audition for the foreseeable future, until I want to get back into Midi recordings again.

This decision is based on the many many sound tests I made with all my mics and both programs over the last few months. My best results are with Audition, Neumann TLM 102 mics, the Shure SM7b mic, and my new Yamaha HS8 monitors.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Ibanez Acoustic Bass 12 M1
Martin 12 string X Series
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

Formerly known as Martin Maniac.....

M