View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 08:04 AM

AC... many thanks for your post. It is very interesting that this can be an “and” also in design of guitars. Having been a product manager for most of my career I can not help to view the design decisions through a lense of trying to hit a price point and how you wish to allocate materials and labor costs. Take for example McPherson verses Emerald. I appears that McPherson uses both pellet CF (pre-molded)for back/sides and neck, while reserving CF fabric for the sound board and cosmetic touches with a very defined product offering. The bulk of the labor is assembly and finishing. Based on Emeralds latest videos...Emerald uses the majority of CF fabrics to meet their requirements and much more flexible approach. Each approach has pros/cons based on the companies approach to the market. Gotta just love the creativity of all these CF guitar companies!

I own a touring and amicus. I marvel at both guitars design, construction and sound! Each of them tells a different story about their companies.