View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 05:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Only the "furniture" mention. And absolutely no apology necessary. We all have different tastes and I think it is great that there are manufacturers who create great instruments for all of us. Emerald doesn't need me to "defend" them, but I am an enthusiastic owner. I didn't see anything negative in your earlier post - we all have opinions.

For the record, I think the Sable and Touring are very nice guitars and don't see anything "plain" about them. I like the fact that McPherson has carried the lines from their wood offerings to carbon fiber. Glad to see them get more discussion here.

I hope I didn't come off chest-thumping in my post you quoted - that has never been my intent here. I enjoy the mix of personalities we have, as well as the entertaining exchange.

I was smiling while writing that earlier post, especially in regards to comparing cars and guitars. I thought the only ones who might get miffed at anything I wrote would be the Mid-70s Ford Pickup Owners Group.

It's all good.
Well, if it makes Emerald owners feel better, I do find these "woody" guitars tempting. I am not put off by the wood, just that something nagged at me every time I saw a picture and I finally figured out what it was.

Some folks have commented on the offset sound hole of the Sable. I join in and joke about it too, right along with them. Guitars are FUN, a past time.

for something serious, look at what is going on in the city where I live. All I have to say is "Minneapolis" and immediately, right now everybody knows just what I am talking about. THAT is real. This stuff is fun.

Hopefully sooner than later, I will be trying an Emerald and then I can determine for myself whether or not to be "lusting" after one, though I am not in the market for another guitar. If I were to get one, it would definitely be a "woody".

Though, with so many different woods to choose from, I would probably regret not getting one of the other ones after I had one sitting at home. That is just human nature. With the Sable, well you have three choices for a top and I don't care at all for the other two, so that was easy.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...