View Single Post
Old 03-13-2022, 07:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives&Guitars View Post

I had already pretty much made up my mind that I am going to get the Mac Studio with MI MAX chip. Even though I know there will be some problems( as others have mentioned), it still makes the most sense to me. But even though I have pretty much already made up my mind , I still doesn't hurt to explore exactly what I will be in for.

Have no doubt...I will get a new computer....most likely the Mac Studio with Max chip. In the meantime....ha ha ha ha...I will ask questions. It is my nature. I will try and prepare myself so that I at the very least, know where to get help.

In the end, You can not take the stripes out of this Zebra and make him a Horse. I am a in this example...a Zebra who's stripes are etched into my skin. Questions are my stripes.
Interesting Because the Studio with the M1 Max is indeed the model I would choose for myself at this point, and I do think it will be viable a good 5 years at the very least,,, and likely more like -10 years into the future, dong mostly audio some occasional music video's .(Obviously no one can predict the future) AND the progression in both electronic hardware and software is relentless.

But what people often forget is once you get good reliable a system up and running, it is quite possible to simply stay with that system and only upgrade software based on the compatibility with that system if at all ..
I used my Mid 2010 Mac Pro right up until I bought my 27' iMac (in my sig line) in December of 2020 and even then I could have easily stayed with the 2010 for another 3 to 5 years. In retrospect because the 10th intel chips run so hot requiring the fans to kick I wish I would have waited until now and jump all over the Studio M1 Max unit ..
But be that as it may, and even though there is some low fan noise in my recordings (only noticeable in the silent start and finish of the music) it is not hateful or restrictive (somewhat akin to ye' ol' analog days ) AND I can if I so decide, start to use my new MBP with the M1 Pro chip ,, with which I have yet to even hear the fans, even while working in Final Cut Pro which is always noticeably noisy on my iMac..
Just my opinion from my prospective BUT I think you are on the right track or "Tracks (maybe 100's ) " as it were

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 03-13-2022 at 07:58 AM.