View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 06:55 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by invguy921 View Post
Everyone, Well...I guess I should have updated this thread sooner, but let's just say there were a few delays on both sides of the "custom build Isle" and as such it is what it is. That said, this guitar is now finished. So I want to add a few of the missing "process" pics, and then in my next post I will give you all the completed pics with some comments from my 40 year veteran luthier who is Taylor and Martin certified. His comments will give you an outsider's point of view on this guitar and the builder.

So here are a few from the build process now completed:

Check out the very cool herringbone trim on the inside braces!!

Oversize Gold EVO frets surrounding Patrick's own two tone (MOP/Paua Abalone diamonds.

I haven't seen numbered pins very often

What I see in Patricks work is a level of "attention to detail" that is really rare and that I have not seen often over the past several hundred guitars I've owned from some pretty well known builders both custom and otherwise. I think as you look at the photos, you'll see a level of perfectionism that is readily accepted in a custom build.

The next post will provide some finished photos. Stay tuned!
Thanks Mike for the very kind words. I mean WOW, I couldn’t have written a better endorsement.

I am Really pleased you are enjoying the guitar. It’s been great working with you.

Comparing my work so favorably along side the many special guitars you have had and have had commissioned - I am humbled.

Furthermore, it is always daunting, scary even, to have another luthier - especially one with such vast experience look over your work. And to give it thumbs up, I must be doing something right.

I’ve got some catching up to do on the AGF so you’ll be hearing from me more often.

Thanks Mike

Patrick