View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
Ah yes if you go to heavy or get stuck it can appear perhaps as cloudy. It's difficult to FP with the bridge in place. You need to use a dry pad and very vigorous motions to get it right. I am a big proponent of using oil. I don't know how some other FP finishers claim they don't use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by runamuck View Post
When french polishing, cloudiness or blushing is caused by trapped moisture in my experience. Wipe it quickly with alcohol.
Yes, it's really hard to get up against the bridge - even though I've taped over it so that I don't have to worry about bumping it with the pad.

The issue however is the pad itself. It's a couple of cotton balls wadded up inside a piece of t-shirt and is round so there's always a gap around the bridge. I read somewhere that using an eraser or soft piece of rubber can be wrapped in the same cloth to be used as a pad that doesn't have that muffin top problem that is preventing coverage adjacent to the bridge. For something for the solution to actually soak in I can use some makeup application/removal pads.