View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith.rogers View Post
Scratch the single coil. They are hopeless in many situations. Then, check the lighting. Some LEDs and CFLs will interfere. And make sure you have a high quality cable.

I assume you're plugged into a Hi-Z input with it set appropriately to that mode (if needed - never used one of those mixers). You might also try using a good DI box and go in to a "mic" level input with an XLR cable for better noise control. If the DI box has a ground lift, you can try that, too.
Thanks for your input! (y)

I have tried to switch off the lights, doesn't help. And moving the guitar to the side, so that it still face the same direction (north) but not directly towards the computer does not help (but as I wrote earlier, rotating the guitar 90 degrees does take it away).

The Dean Markley pickup has a long, built-in cable, and it seems pretty robust. I plug it into one the 2 Hi-Z inputs of the Behringer X18.

In the end this hum will probably not be a problem in the recording as it hopefully won't be heard when I play. Also, the main recording of the guitar will come from the external condenser microphone, the magnetic pickup signal will only be used for adding some delay and other effects.

It's annoying though, and I would like to invest in a better pickup.

I think this is the pickup, but there's no text "Single coil" on mine (but it's pretty old): https://deanmarkley.com/collections/...guitar-pickups. I actually like the sound from it.

/Per

Last edited by Per Burström; 01-23-2022 at 10:33 AM.