View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 10:18 AM

That's a nice version of that song. I like it! I'll play that for her and see how long it takes her to roll her eyes and say "no flippin' way" She is the second flute/piccolo in the community band, and has played off and on since sixth grade. She will freely admit that she does not have that very high level of mastery over the instrument that Ian does. He really is very, very good at what he plays and has been playing for decades. Her playing Tull like that would be like me playing some Tommy Emmanuel with the same kind of grace he does. We can probably work out something based on the scales used in the riffs that will be pretty faithful to the feel of the original though.
This started as a song suggestion from a friend who will play lead guitar in a project my current band's bass player and I are working on together. We are still looking for a fourth or fifth person to round it out and set a first rehearsal date, but that just means plenty of time for me and her to practice and hone our chops. Thanks again, everyone.

Acoustics
2013 Guild F30 Standard
2012 Yamaha LL16
2007 Seagull S12
1991 Yairi DY 50

Electrics
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Am. Standard Telecaster
Gibson ES-335
Gibson Firebird