View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
Excellent. Care to share what lead you to consider and purchase a CF guitar?
Ever since I first heard a McPherson guitar years ago, there was something unique to their sound that just drew me in, it gave me a peaceful easy feeling inside. Fast forward to fairly recently, I started thinking that I'm beginning to get old and perhaps it's time to do something about some dreams that I've had. Guitar playing, among others, is high on the things I do list. That got me to thinking about that McPherson sound that I so much loved. So I started looking around at McPherson guitars available. That is when I came across their carbon fiber Sable. I spent significant time watching every McPherson Sable guitar video I could find, reading every review I could find, etc... Review after review and video after video resounded high praises for this guitar. I don't recall coming across a single negative comment, there were a few folks that said they did not like the sound, but I don't consider that a negative comment because sound is an individualized conception/taste. The Sable also produces this same sound that the wooden McPherson that drew me in so many years ago, after all the Sable is based on the design of the custom shop Camrielle. In addition, I have plenty of wooden guitars, and I will not take them outside and to parks, etc... to play, something I would like to do. So, in the Sable I have found the McPherson sound I like and as a bonus I have a guitar that I can take to parks or wherever and not have to worry. On top of all this, a Camrielle is going start in the $10K range, the Sable can be had new for $3.2K. So it was a no-brainier for me - buy the Sable, what's not to like!

Another aspect that I considered was resources for wooden guitars are limited and some species of wood are getting harder and harder to acquire. So sustainability certainly comes into play. I personally think a properly built CF guitar rivals if not exceeds traditional wood built.

Last edited by KennyEC; 01-06-2021 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Syntax