View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonPR View Post
Sorry, but I think the answer has to be steady practice. I'm guessing you can get the p-i-m-a fingers to run in the right order, but not fast enough? So you just have to start slow - with each finger evenly timed and equally loud - and build up.
It's actually good practice in any case, for all timing and dynamic balance between thumb and fingers.

Here's a good balance exercise, using a simple 4-string arpeggio in p-i-m-a order (from the time-stamp):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ2VJII_uIM&t=180
The purpose there is making each finger in turn the loudest, so the tempo is kept steady. What you need is slightly different: to give each finger the same volume, but get steadily faster.
thanks i will deffinitely try out this one. i believe i can do quite a few patterns and some resonably fast and dynamicaly balance, but i just cannot replicate that "harph" sound, i think my brick is between thumb and index, since they go opossite direction. in fact i am closer to do it from ring to thumb that the normal way. i hope there will be the heureka moment after long practice.

Furch Blue OM CM