View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Z View Post
Jon,

input with gate and impedance at 1M

- Deluxe compressor 2:1; shortest attac and release and theshold so that compression ist really subtle

<split>
path A (UST pickup):
- parametric EQ

path B (IR):
- IR mix: 100%
- level to taste
- parametric EQ

<mix>

- another parametric EQ

- plate reverb low and highpassed, mixed so that you hear it just when you mute ringing strings

Now you can start playing. The level sliders in both parametric EQs are your mix controllers. You can either bring up frequencies you like in on path and reduce those frequencies in the other or just use your ears and play around.

I made one preset (that i like most now) where I cut all the lows in the IR path at 640 Hz. That removes all the feedback frequencies that sound hollow and phase at higher volumes.
The piezo path has a high cut at 1 kHz (lower is not possible) and a 2dB boost at 140 Hz.

More or less I get the lows from the feedback resistant piezo and the highs from the IR without any piezo quack.

I know, 3 EQs seem to be a lot but 2 of them have spacial purposes and one is to shape the sound. mainly because of the hipass limit.
I wish there was a lower highcut frequency, because I want to split both paths at 400 Hz.

Hope that helps
Peter
Thanks I'll try this although I hate to give up
Delay.
I guess if I had 10 blocks I'd use them all too ..ha