View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfa View Post
I think this is good advice. One of your (OP) earlier posts said you foresee this being an annual event, so you want to go ahead and invest in the PA now. That's prudent, but maybe it makes more sense to go through the event once with a hired PA and sound person, after which you'll have a better idea about the whole thing. Alternatively, find a local sound person to consult on your equipment purchase and perhaps help you out on the day of the event. There are so many options & choices, and it's easy for a newbie to buy stuff that isn't right for the task, which ends up being more expensive in the long run. Ask me how I know ...

Good luck, have fun!
I have not just been doing this on my own. I have asked for advise on equipment from you guys, have done a lot of online research and have consulted with the professional musicians who will be playing on what equipment I am looking at and getting their opinions as well. I am not reporting all of what I have done on this thread. So I am confident it will all be great. I am not on my own here and again appreciate the advise I have been given.