View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 04:46 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ VanSandt View Post
That's one of my favorite Kostal rosettes - it really does look like stained glass. I hope he can come pretty close for you. I love the sapwood on that back - personally I'd rather have that than a backstrip. Either way, this is going to a stunner - congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukejon View Post
Gorgeous woods. I got to play Michael Watt’s Kostsl a number of years back and those cutaway dreads are absolutely amazing. Huge but balanced tone. Congrats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by invguy921 View Post
Dennis, That looks like it will be an awesome guitar! I like the shape and can only imagine the great full sound that will come out of this one given the size and the 12 fret design. Should be a show stopper! Anxious to see how this one comes along. Happy for you!! Congratulations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlxnply View Post
Congrats! I got to visit Jason’s shop a while back and it was very impressive. You are in for a treat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithon View Post
Congratulations, Dennis! This is unbelievably exciting. And what a set of African Blackwood! I'll be following along with much excitement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmh1 View Post
This is wonderful Dennis! Thanks for bringing us along on this journey! I'm loving the ABW. This guitar is going to be something!
beth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Wow! That ABW is spectacular. Thanks for taking us along for the journey Dennis. I will be checking in here frequently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSurf View Post
That's some serious eye candy already. Can't wait to see the progress. Congratulations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobo View Post
Wow! Amazing set of ABW (must say I am partial to the look of the sapwood - though sounds like you have something up your sleeve for the backstrip). And, like you, that is one of my favourite Kostal rosettes - perhaps even my favourite!
I'm fortunate to have a played a number of Jason's guitars (and to own two) - and really enjoyed Mr Watts' MDW: a truly fabulous sounding instrument.
This one looks like it's going to be awesome...!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCharter View Post
Congratulations, Dennis! And Happy New Year...
Love the set of ABW that you selected.
Thank you folks for the well wishes and congrats. I am honored to have you all following along.