View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 06:35 AM

Default Rozawood Wizard B (think Martin OM-42) - YET ANOTHER PRICE REDUCTION

Yet another price reduction -- unplanned, but due to family circumstances, as it tends to pour when it rains...

I’m selling my amazing 2010 Rozawood Wizard B guitar.

This guitar, build by master luthier Roman Zajicek of Prague, is a faithful tribute to the Martin OM-42. It sports a beautiful bearclaw alpine spruce top, matched with an east Indian rosewood back and sides of very high quality. The scale is 645 mm (25 11/32 inches), and nut width is 44.5 mm ( 1 ¾ inches). The fingerboard is genuine ebony and the neck is solid genuine mahogany. Nitro finish, and curly maple and abalone trim on the top. It's equipped withgold-plated Gotoh 710 vintage tuners, a double-action adjustable truss rod, and a Rozawood hard-shell case. It's currently set up for light strings (.12 - .52).

In terms of condition, the only ding I could find is a very small one (I couldn't photograph it with my crummy camera) in the maple binding on the lower bout at the back/bottom. It’s otherwise in excellent condition, and does very well with both fingerpicking and flatpicking – it’s capable of the high volumes necessary for bluegrass. In fact, as I noted in a post when I acquired the guitar, it was louder than the Bourgeois slope D it replaced. I was amazed.

Replacement value today is approximately €4200. Was asking €2950; then €2700. PRICE REDUCTION TO ROCK-BOTTOM: €2600---->€2500. I will regret this, no doubt....

I’m located in Zagreb and I’m interested in a local sale - pickup only, as I'm not prepared to ship. Yes, I realize it's a long-shot, etc.

The photos I've uploaded are the originals from the vendor's website when I purchased the guitar, and I'm using them with his kind permission. Rudi at the Fellowship of Acoustics is indeed a good guy.

PM me for any questions, directions to come and have a look, etc.

The back isn't quite as reddish as shown here, but it IS freakin' gorgeous:

Last edited by Scholar; 12-18-2018 at 06:21 AM. Reason: change in price