View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 07:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Alexander View Post
Dude, have you been reading my emails?! I'm also chatting with Marc at the moment about a short scale OM with very similar specs, but I'm on the fence about letting my beloved SJ go. I'll be watching this with great interest! I originally thought of doing Adirondack/Mahogany for mine but have also been looking closely at the torrefied Sitka. I love Marc's standard Sitka paired with the Padouk on my SJ and agree with your thoughts on it's benefits when paired with a resonant back and sides.

Way cool
Interesting! I played an Adirondack/Sapele CS sometime ago at Dream Guitars and it was stellar, the trebles had alot of mojo and power. Look forward to hearing what you end up ordering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanter View Post
Amazing. If anyone deserves build (thread) upon build (thread), its you! From what it sounds like, the Torrefied Sitka holds a lot of promise. No multiscale on this one? Seems like a deviation from your usual. Also, what electronics were you intending to put on it?
I came to the conclusion that multi-scale isn't 100% necessary for me, and also that short scale is highly preferable! Funny the things we learn "hands-on" as we go along. I will be putting a K&K Trinity w/ upgraded DPA mic with DiMarzio Black Angel magnetic in this guitar, most likely. I definitely plan to gig with it

-Award-winning songwriter/guitarist, Visual storyteller
-D’Addario, G7th and K&K Sound Artist
-Music on Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube: www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
-New album "Serene" (Oct '23) and tablature
available at www.dustinfurlow.com